The Fed Centre for Independent Living
The Fed, Centre for Independent Living is a User-Led Organisation providing advice and support services for disabled people living in Brighton & Hove. Apart from its campaigning and lobbying role the organisation provides direct support services to disabled people through its projects which include:
- Disability Advice Centre, which provides disability related advice to disabled people, carers or professionals. We also run a busy welfare benefits service which supports clients with the completion of disability related benefits.
- Direct Payments Support Service
- Supported Bank Account and Payroll Services
- PA Noticeboard and Business and Services Noticeboard
- The Accessible City Guide
- Disability Awareness Training.
We also have a Get Involved! Project which enables disabled people to participate in programmes which add value to independent living, including health prevention and promotion, community empowerment, social inclusion and the Disability Equality Duty.
There is currently no content classified with this term.